This following sections will guide you through the process of connecting BigCommerce to HubLogix.
- Prepare Product Content – describes required fields for product content and the update process
- Connect HubLogix to BigCommerce – explains how to give HubLogix permission to access BigCommerce
- Frequently Asked Questions – includes answers to common questions for this integration
1. Prepare Product Content
Product Content and Product Inventory
- Product Content is used by retailers to list and sell products to each of the marketplaces supported by BigCommerce. Product Content includes information such as product descriptions, images, and specifications.
- Product Inventory specifically refers to the availability (quantity) and cost of Products that are being sold.
HubLogix does not provide or manage Product Content services for clients and does not provide guidance on how to manage Product Content in BigCommerce. Please leverage the BigCommerce team for guidance on Product Content.
However, once product content is available in BigCommerce, HubLogix will import your product content and automatically map products from BigCommerce to all available inventory sources for the vendors/warehouses to which HubLogix is connected.
In order to optimize our mapping capability, customers need to configure Product Content in BigCommerce in a specific manner as described below.
Prepare Product Content for HubLogix Inventory Integration
Please setup the following Product Content data fields in BigCommerce for the HubLogix Inventory Integration onboarding process:
|Product Data Field||Required||Used for Mapping|
|Track Inventory for Product||Yes||No|
Product Data Field Notes
- SKU: BigCommerce requires unique SKU’s. HubLogix will see SKU’s but we do not use these for product mapping, and they have no impact on how HubLogix routes orders. However, there are facilities within HubLogix that allow for rules to be driven from SKU’s when needed.
- Product Name: HubLogix does not use the product name information for mapping, but we do use this information to make it easier to search and manage inventory information within HubLogix.
- Brand: Brand must be populated in BigCommerce and must be in a brand form such as “Sony” or “Sony Electronics” or “Sony – Laptops”. This value should match how your vendors are listing brand name in their inventory file.
- UPC: Both UPC and MPN should be populated in BigCommerce to optimize our automated mapping. At a minimum, either UPC or MPN must be populated, but both fields cannot be left empty. When using product skus in BigCommerce, the UPCs should be unique to differentiate each item.
- MPN: Both UPC and MPN should be populated in BigCommerce to optimize our automated mapping. At a minimum, either UPC or MPN must be populated, but both fields cannot be left empty. When using product skus in BigCommerce, the MPN is established in the simple product level and will apply to all product skus.
- Cost Price: HubLogix updates the cost_price field in BigCommerce when customers select that option. This field does not need to be initially populated and it is not used for mapping. However, we will update this field when cost updates are enabled.
- Track Inventory for Product : This product level option must be set to ‘yes’ for HubLogix to update inventory and take orders for this product.
Product Content Mapping Updates
- HubLogix does a full update of BigCommerce product content every 24 hours to look for items that have been added or removed. Any changes to product content will be reflected in HubLogix during this process.
- When customers make a large update to product content in BigCommerce, they should email email@example.com to request a full update so we can capture changes faster. These types of requests can be fielded once a month or less.
2. Connect HubLogix to BigCommerce
When Product Content is loaded to BigCommerce, HubLogix can begin the process of connecting to your BigCommerce account. Below are the steps for completing the connection.
If you have a ticket open with HubLogix support, you can reply with this information in the active ticket. Otherwise, you can send this information to HubLogix by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Connecting to BigCommerce”. Please be patient as this is a multi-step process.
- Send HubLogix your Admin Credentials to BigCommerce. If you do not want to share your credentials, you can create a new user for email@example.com. This user will need full access in order to complete the HubLogix installation into BigCommerce.
- HubLogix will generate a connection to BigCommerce using oauth or API (varies based on client). If using oauth, HubLogix will install the HubLogix app from your BigCommerce store.
3. Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does product content have to be loaded to BigCommerce in order to start the onboarding process?
A: The core of any integration with HubLogix revolves around product inventory and the mapping of inventory from retailer to vendor/warehouse partners. Therefore, HubLogix must have access to a channel’s product content in order to start the integration process.
Q: How does HubLogix know which orders to import from BigCommerce?
A: HubLogix will import any orders created in the last 90 days with a status of awaiting fulfillment, awaiting shipment, or partially shipped.
Q: Are you able to filter which products are pulled into HubLogix?
A: By default, all products which are selected to ‘track inventory for product’ are imported into HubLogix; however if you have a specific need, please notify your HubLogix Onboarding Coach.