The following sections will guide you through the process of connecting Shopify to HubLogix.
- Prepare Product Content – describes required fields for product content and the update process
- Connect HubLogix to Shopify – explains how to give HubLogix permission to access Shopify
- Frequently Asked Questions – includes answers to common questions for this integration
1. Prepare Product Content
Product Content and Product Inventory
- Product Content is used by retailers to list and sell products to each of the marketplaces supported by Shopify. Product Content includes information such as product descriptions, images, and specifications.
- Product Inventory specifically refers to the availability (quantity) and cost of Products that are being sold.
HubLogix does not provide or manage Product Content services for clients and does not provide guidance on how to manage Product Content in Shopify. Please leverage the Shopify team for guidance on Product Content.
However, once product content is available in Shopify, HubLogix will import your product content and automatically map products from Shopify to all available inventory sources for the vendors/warehouses to which HubLogix is connected.
In order to optimize our mapping capability, customers need to configure Product Content in Shopify in a specific manner as described below.
Prepare Product Content for HubLogix Inventory Integration
Please setup the following Product Content data fields in Shopify for the HubLogix Inventory Integration onboarding process:
|Product Data Field||Required||Used for Mapping|
Product Data Field Notes
- SKU: Shopify allows duplicate skus; therefore, HubLogix does not use SKUs for product mapping. SKUs have no impact on how HubLogix routes orders. However, there are facilities within HubLogix that allow for rules to be driven from SKUs when needed.
- Title: HubLogix does not use the title information for mapping but does use this information to make it easier to search and manage inventory information within HubLogix.
- Vendor: Either Vendor and Product Type must be populated with the manufacturer brand detail such as”Sony” or “Sony Electronics” or “Sony – Laptops”. This value should match how your vendors are listing brand name in their inventory file. Do not use brand codes in the brand field.
- Product Type: Either Vendor and Product Type must be populated with the manufacturer brand detail such as”Sony” or “Sony Electronics” or “Sony – Laptops”. This value should match how your vendors are listing brand name in their inventory file. Do not use brand codes in the brand field.
- Barcode: Barcodes must be populated with UPC information in Shopify to optimize automated mapping in HubLogix.
- MetaData: HubLogix can also pull product details from the metadata. Typically this is used to also pass an MPN to HubLogix when the barcode and SKU fields are already being used.
- Fulfillment Service: Fulfillment Services are used when HubLogix is only updating a portion of your Shopify catalog. If a fulfillment service is entered, HubLogix will only pull in those products and orders associated to the specified Fulfillment Service. If no fulfillment service is specified, then HubLogix will interact with all products in Shopify. You can only have 1 fulfillment service per Shopify connection.
Product Content Mapping Updates
- HubLogix does a full update of Shopify product content every 24 hours to look for items that have been added or removed. Any changes to product content will be reflected in HubLogix during this process.
- When customers make a large update to product content in Shopify, they should email email@example.com to request a full update so we can capture changes faster. These types of requests can be fielded once a month or less.
2. Connect HubLogix to Shopify
When Product Content is loaded to Shopify, HubLogix can begin the process of connecting to your Shopify account. Below are the steps for completing the connection.
If you have a ticket open with HubLogix support, you can reply with this information in the active ticket. Otherwise, you can send this information to HubLogix by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Connecting to Shopify”. Please be patient as this is a multi-step process.
- Send HubLogix your credentials to your Shopify store. If you do not wish to share you credentials, you can create a new user for HubLogix Support. Please send the invite to email@example.com
- Once HubLogix has access to your account, we will configure a connection to your store and install the HubLogix app from the Shopify app store. This will complete the connection.
3. Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Why does product content have to be loaded to Shopify in order to start the onboarding process?
A: The core of any integration with HubLogix revolves around product inventory and the mapping of inventory from retailer to vendor/warehouse partners. Therefore, HubLogix must have access to a channel’s product inventory in order to start the integration process.
Q: Are you able to filter which products are pulled into HubLogix?
A: Yes. HubLogix uses Fulfillment Services to control which products to update. If you do not setup a fulfillment service, HubLogix will import all products.
Q: How does HubLogix know which orders to import from Shopify?
A: HubLogix will import any orders created in the last 90 days that have a status of unfulfilled. By default, HubLogix will not import orders which have been authorized for payment but have not been paid in full, nor will we import refunded orders. If you have a need to adjust the import settings or manually select which orders HubLogix imports, please contact your HubLogix Onboarding Coach for more details.
Q: Can HubLogix pass order notes from Shopify to my warehouse?
A: HubLogix imports order notes, note attributes, and line item properties from Shopify. These fields are typically used for order/line item customizations like gift wrapping, gift messages, engraving, special notes from customer, etc. They are imported as fulfillment notes and stored in the order detail within HubLogix.
HubLogix is often able to pass this detail to a warehouse, but each warehouse may have different requirements in regards to how they can receive this information and their formatting requirements. Please check with your sales rep to understand if your warehouses support fulfillment notes.